is the leading open source file encryption software for Windows. It integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.
- Password Protect any number of files using strong encryption.
- Right-click integration with Windows Explorer makes AxCrypt the easiest way to encrypt individual files in Windows.Double-click integration makes it as easy to open, edit and save protected files as it is to work with unprotected files.
- Many additional features, but no configuration required. Just install it and use it.
- AxCrypt encrypts files that are safely and easily sent to other users via e-mail or any other means. Self-decrypting files are also supported, removing the need to install AxCrypt to decrypt.
- AxCrypt is translated into English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Polish, Spanish and Swedish so chances are it speaks your preferred language.
- AES encryption with 128-bit keys.
- Edit an encrypted document directly with double-click.
- Optional pass phrase cache - type pass phrases once per logon and/or reboot.
- Automatic pass phrase validation before decryption or editing.
- Key-File generation and support.
- No options or user interface - easy to install and use.
- Relatively light-weight, less than 1Mb download
- Extensive command-line interface.
- Server mode options.
- Support for files larger than 4GB (except for self-decrypting files).
- Dynamic brute force counter measure - iterative key wrapping.
- Integrates well with web based file sharing services.
- Selective compression before encryption - faster downloads/uploads.
- Retains original file name and information of an encrypted file.
- Integrated shredder.
- Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.
- Secure memory handling - no keys or data in the paging file.
- Industry standard algorithms.
- Data integrity verification - no undetected modification.
- Unique data encryption keys used for every file and (re-)encryption.
Author: Axantum Software
Creation date : 23/09/2011 @ 16:02
Last update : 23/09/2011 @ 16:02
Category : Security Tools
Page read 401 times