is an Open-Source folder comparison and synchronization tool. It is optimized for highest performance and usability without restricted or overloaded UI interfaces.
- Compare files (bytewise or by date) and synchronize them.
- No limitations: An arbitrary number of files can be synchronized.
- Unicode support.
- Network support.
- Transactional file copy
- Built-in support for very long filenames (more than MAX_PATH = 260 characters).
- Synchronization database for propagation of deleted files and conflict detection
- Copy NTFS alternate data streams, compressed and encrypted file attributes
- Support for multiple folder pairs with distinct configuration
- Full support for Windows/Linux Symbolic Links and Windows Junction Points.
- Lean & easily accessible UI: Highly optimized for speed and huge sets of data.
- Algorithms coded in C++ completely.
- All progress indicators optimized for maximum performance!
- Create Batch Jobs for automated synchronization with or without GUI.
- Focus on usability:
- Only necessary functionality on UI: no overloaded menus or icon jungle.
- Select all folders via drag & drop.
- Last used configuration and screen settings are saved automatically.
- Maintain and load different configurations by drag & drop, load-button or commandline.
- Double-click to start external application (e.g. show file in Windows Explorer)
- Copy & paste all grid data as text
- Delete superfluous/temporary files directly on main grid.
- Right-click context menu.
- Comprehensive status information and error reporting
- Sort file-lists by name, size or date.
- Support for filesizes larger than 4 GB.
- Option to move files to Recycle Bin instead of deleting/overwriting them.
- Ignore directories "RECYCLER" and "System Volume Information" with default filter. (Windows only)
- Localized versions are available for many languages.
- Delete before copy: Avoid disc space shortages for large sync-jobs.
- Filter functionality to include/exclude files from synchronization (without requiring a re-compare!).
- Include/exclude specific files from synchronization temporarily.
- Automatically handle daylight saving time changes on FAT/FAT32 volumes.
- Portable version available (selectable via installer).
- Native 64-Bit version.
- Check for updates from within FreeFileSync automatically.
- Copy locked files using Windows Volume Shadow Copy Service. (Windows only)
- Create regular backups with macros %time%, %date% within directory names
- Copy file and folder create/access/modification times when synchronizing.
- Advanced locking strategy to allow multiple synchronization processes (e.g. multiple writers, same network share).
- Case-sensitive synchronization of file, directory and symlink names
Creation date : 16/08/2011 @ 00:24
Last update : 26/08/2011 @ 06:47
Category : File Synchronizing
Page read 437 times